Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Lakeside Village - Acrylic (Dimensions Paint by Number)

Completed in June 2012

Almost done! just need a little touch up

This is my very first acrylic painting and first experience on paint-by-number but it turns out incredibly amazing. I was curious at first to purchase the kit online from Amazon but it turned out beautifully. I think everyone who are interested in acrylic or wanted to have a hobby should try this kit because it would give you tremendous confidence in moving forward in the painting/drawing path.

It was so enjoying to look at and create, the vivid colors and the scenery is just very real and made me want to be there!

A little bit close up:


This brick path had boost my curiosity to wonder what's going on behind the few steps in the corridor...



Wanna ride in the boat so bad... love they are in white and its reflection in the water too.



Beautiful skyline with mountains and trees that made me feel so peaceful.


See from the beginning:

Start working on May 31 2012

This is made by Dimensions Paint Works, 20" x 16" came with 18 acrylic paints, an instruction paper and a brush. I spent one month to complete the painting, work on weekends only, spent around 12 hours per day from 9am to 11pm. I'd highly recommend everyone to spend time painting during the weekdays because your back won't get hurt and I bet you won't have a sore hand/arm/elbow like me.


Just got started, have my favorite pink and yellow first

20% done after a week

50% done after two weeks

70% done after two and a half weeks

Materials included from the kit:

18 little pots of acrylic paints with a brush

Luckily I had stock up on some brushes and it's time to put them in work.




I used a toothpick to stir the paint before use, it just somehow quite thick when arrives. And add a drop of water if it is still thick to use.












An Instruction paper shows all those areas need to be paint in a diagram. It has two parts that separate into Number chart and Letter chat. Number chart is require one pot color only; Letter chart is for mixed color which show the combination for creating the extra 21 colors. Totally 39 colors will be used on this painting, so it is very important to read carefully before paint. I had made mistakes in mixing up the letters. For example, I has mixed #7 & #11 into K, but somehow I applied to the J area. It was painful to look for the incorrect area and re-do it again!





Note that a few of the paints are very transparent, it is necessary to put on 3-4 layers to the area for completely hide the number underneath.

Enjoy!


1 comment:

  1. I lost the directions and don't know how to Mix to get the letter

    ReplyDelete