Saturday, August 11, 2012

Signed Salomon III - Wooden Box - Hand Painted

Wooden box painting purchased on August 2, 2012


Butterflies 3.1" x 3.1" x 2.6"


Working Women 3.1" x 3.1" x 2.6"


These wooden boxes are purchased from a thrift shop in Chelsea. I enjoy looking at them so much simply because of the color combination. Just imagine how difficult it is to paint on a piece of wood with such limited space (3.1" x 3.1" x 2.6")! The box look very much handmade to me due to their sizes are not identical (the Butterflies box is slightly bigger).

They are now placed in front of my computer screen, every time when I glanced on them I feel they're a piece of art. I love them both so much and so eager to know more about the artist who give them a life. Too bad that I could not find any information about the artist, Salomon III.

Below are the front, top and sides for the boxes:


Butterflies Box - Top

Side 1 - Signed by Salomon III

Side 2

Side 3

Side 4


Working Women Box - Top

Side 1 - Signed by Salomon III

Side 2

Side 3
 
Side 4

No comments:

Post a Comment